Careers Ducas Construction
Competitive Benefits Package Including:
- Company paid employee medical plan
- Employer 401k matching contributions
- Paid Time Off and 8 Paid Holidays
- Continuous training, certification opportunities, and professional development programs
- And more!
The Superintendents working responsibilities will include a direct working relationship with the manager to manage long term and daily activities. This work includes; Involvement in pre-construction, subcontractor buyout and selection, and logistical planning execution. Develop comprehensive understanding of project strategy and commitments including financial goals. Oversee all daily field operations to ensure proper site safety compliant with OSHA and other governing jurisdictions, construction, progress, quality control and a clean site. Demonstrate excellent communication skills with all members of the team including owners, architects, engineers, consultants and subcontractors. All are valued team member and will be treated honestly, fairly and professionally.
- 7+ year’s as a field superintendent
- Proven track record of meeting schedules
- Extensive knowledge of safety procedures and regulations
- Experience in managing, training and developing people
- Experience in computer technology – MS Project, Suretrak, MS Excel and MS Word
- Ability to perform hands on work
- Ability to layout
- Experience in managing the punch list and close out process
We are looking for an Assistant Superintendent to help deliver projects on time, on budget and that exceed client expectations. At Ducas Construction the Assistant Superintendents are an integral part of the project team. You will be the face of the company on the construction site, and are expected to conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Ducas Construction principles.
Your working responsibilities will include a direct working relationship with the project superintendent and project manager. Directions given by the superintendent and project manager will be taken without question and performed diligently. An understanding of basic construction methods, skills and equipment is required. An understanding of safe working conditions and OSHA compliant practices is essential. Demonstrate excellent communication skills with all members of the team including owners, architects, engineers, consultants and subcontractors. All are valued team members and will be treated honestly, fairly and professionally.
- 5+ years’ experience in the building trades
- Basic knowledge of construction methods, skills and practices
- Basic knowledge of safety practices and OSHA regulations
- You must provide your own basic hand tools
- Basic understanding of the other trades work and sequence of construction
- Ability to work independently and run small jobs.
- Ability to run a small crew, provide layout, and general administrative and supervisory tasks.
- Ability to perform hands on work, carpentry, general labor and miscellaneous tasks.
- Ability to lift heavy loads up to 75#
- Ability to layout and confirm subcontractor layout
- Experience in managing the punch list and closeout process
Ducas Construction is seeking a Carpenter to join their growing crew of construction experts. The right candidate shall be motivated, dependable, and capable of working as a team and work independently. Applicants shall be honest and reliable, show up as expected, and work hard during the day. Qualities of a successful Carpenter are, detailed oriented, math skills, manual dexterity, physical stamina, and problem-solving skills.
- Perform rough and finish carpentry work.
- Follow safety guidelines at all times
- Interpret blueprints, drawings, and work orders
- Install structures and fixtures, such as windows, framework, and doorframes
- Instruct and direct laborers
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 3+ years’ experience in construction
- Must have valid driver’s license and be insurable by the company
- Dependable Transportation
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy
- Hand Tools
- Ability to lift a minimum of 75 pounds
- English speaking is preferred – minimal English required
© 2019 - Ducas Construction