Careers Ducas Construction
Competitive Benefits Package Including:
- Company paid employee medical plan
- Employer 401k matching contributions
- Paid Time Off and 8 Paid Holidays
- Signing Bonus
- Continuous training, certification opportunities, and professional development programs
- And more!
The Superintendents working responsibilities will include a direct working relationship with the manager to manage long term and daily activities. This work includes; Involvement in pre-construction, subcontractor buyout and selection, and logistical planning execution. Develop comprehensive understanding of project strategy and commitments including financial goals. Oversee all daily field operations to ensure proper site safety compliant with OSHA and other governing jurisdictions, construction, progress, quality control and a clean site. Demonstrate excellent communication skills with all members of the team including owners, architects, engineers, consultants and subcontractors. All are valued team member and will be treated honestly, fairly and professionally.
- 7+ year’s as a field superintendent
- Proven track record of meeting schedules
- Extensive knowledge of safety procedures and regulations
- Experience in managing, training and developing people
- Experience in computer technology – MS Project, Suretrak, MS Excel and MS Word
- Ability to perform hands on work
- Ability to layout
- Experience in managing the punch list and close out process
We are looking for an Assistant Superintendent to help deliver projects on time, on budget and that exceed client expectations. At Ducas Construction the Assistant Superintendents are an integral part of the project team. You will be the face of the company on the construction site, and are expected to conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Ducas Construction principles.
Your working responsibilities will include a direct working relationship with the project superintendent and project manager. Directions given by the superintendent and project manager will be taken without question and performed diligently. An understanding of basic construction methods, skills and equipment is required. An understanding of safe working conditions and OSHA compliant practices is essential. Demonstrate excellent communication skills with all members of the team including owners, architects, engineers, consultants and subcontractors. All are valued team members and will be treated honestly, fairly and professionally.
- 5+ years’ experience in the building trades
- Basic knowledge of construction methods, skills and practices
- Basic knowledge of safety practices and OSHA regulations
- You must provide your own basic hand tools
- Basic understanding of the other trades work and sequence of construction
- Ability to work independently and run small jobs.
- Ability to run a small crew, provide layout, and general administrative and supervisory tasks.
- Ability to perform hands on work, carpentry, general labor and miscellaneous tasks.
- Ability to lift heavy loads up to 75#
- Ability to layout and confirm subcontractor layout
- Experience in managing the punch list and closeout process
Ducas Construction is seeking a Carpenter to join their growing crew of construction experts. The right candidate shall be motivated, dependable, and capable of working as a team and work independently. Applicants shall be honest and reliable, show up as expected, and work hard during the day. Qualities of a successful Carpenter are, detailed oriented, math skills, manual dexterity, physical stamina, and problem-solving skills.
- Perform rough and finish carpentry work.
- Follow safety guidelines at all times
- Interpret blueprints, drawings, and work orders
- Install structures and fixtures, such as windows, framework, and doorframes
- Instruct and direct laborers
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 3+ years’ experience in construction
- Must have valid driver’s license and be insurable by the company
- Dependable Transportation
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy
- Hand Tools
- Ability to lift a minimum of 75 pounds
- English speaking is preferred – minimal English required
The Project Manager is responsible for coordinating and managing all necessary resources throughout the entire project, from start-up through closeout. The PM will manage the complete project which includes cost control, schedule, and risk management, safety of workplace, general work performance, quality, and overall progress against the critical path. The PM shall ensure that both the Owner’s and Ducas’s expectations and budgetary guidelines are met or exceeded.
- Manages the financial aspect of the project including an effective schedule of values, cost reporting, forecasting, preparing monthly job invoices, and monitor owner and subcontractor payments.
- Establish a trusting and professional relationship with the Owner, agents and consultants working on the project.
- Provide meeting minutes, change orders, cash models and other contract logs.
- Build cohesive relationships with subcontractors and suppliers to include: Scheduling, pricing, negotiations of change orders, and address issues immediately with non-performing subcontractors and suppliers.
- Work with the Superintendent and Foreman to control and monitor construction progress.
- Represent the company at project meetings, establishes a meeting culture to foster effective communication and problem solving.
- Supports the company Safety and Quality Management Programs through team communication, use of standard operation procedures, weekly safety site walks and establishing quality expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- A minimum of 10 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating, purchasing and engineering principles, techniques and basic accounting principles.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawing, specifications, scopes of work and project schedules.
- Experience with Sage 100 and On Screen Takeoff software is preferred.
- Pleasant and confident demeanor when dealing with colleagues and clients.
- Able to manage multiple projects and project teams efficiently.
- Highly organized, progress oriented and motivated to succeed.
- Ability to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully, excellent negotiations and presentation skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to take action confidently and decisively.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Must have valid driver’s license and be insurable by the company.
Full Service Construction Management in New England
40 Center St, Suite 1
Scarborough, ME 04074
© 2019 - Ducas Construction